Lemon juice isn’t just for a tasty lemonade in the summer. Lemons have natural antiseptic qualities that make them an amazing natural alternative for cleaning and deodorizing. Lemons are refreshing and tough on messes. Here is a list of my top ten household uses for this winter citrus!
1. Quarter a lemon and run it through the garbage disposal to get rid of nasty odors and freshen the drain.
2. Remove food odors from wooden cutting boards and counter tops by rubbing the surface with a lemon. Also use on wooden cutlery and bowls.
3. Make a paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar to clean copper or tarnished brass. Rinse and dry immediately after using.
4. Add half a lemon to the dishwasher load for sparkling spot-free clean smelling dishes.
5. Use lemons to clean sink faucets and remove lime scale build-up.
6. Mix lemon juice and water in a spray bottle for a natural air freshener.
7. Make your own all-purpose cleaning solution. Combine lemon juice, vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Great to use on windows. Use newspaper to dry.
8. Squeeze lemon juice into your laundry for a refreshing scent. Lemons can also be used as a spot cleaner for any stubborn stains. To bleach your clothes, add a ½ cup of lemon juice to your rinse cycle and dry your clothes in the sun.
9. Combine 1 part lemon juice with 2 parts olive oil for a natural furniture polish.
10. To freshen up your microwave and loosen up any baked on particles, boil lemon juice in the microwave.